EMERGING ARTIST AWARD 2012
As part of an initiative to support developing and emerging artists, Siamsa Tíre is offering an Emerging Artist Award which recognises new undisputed talent and promise. The award of €2,500 will be offered to a recent graduating artist along with a solo exhibition space in the Gallery Programme in August/September.
The award is open to artists practicing in any one discipline or those experimenting across art forms. For further criteria and application details and deadline dates, please see below
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
All applicants must satisfy and demonstrate the following criteria to be eligible for this award.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 20TH APRIL 2012
- All applicants must be born in Ireland or be living and practising as an artist in Ireland
- Applicants must be at the beginning of their arts practice and must NOT have produced more than three solo exhibitions.
- Artists who have graduated from arts school or degree programmes or those who can prove that they have trained to a professional standard are eligible. ‘Graduation’ can mean primary degree, diploma or post graduate qualification. ‘Undergraduates’ or those currently in the middle of their study programmes are not eligible for this award.
- Whilst this is a solo award, we are happy to receive applications from two (max) artists who wish to make a collaborative work. Group shows are not eligible for this award.
- All applicants must be able to commit to a solo exhibition between the dates Friday 24th August to Sat 22ndSeptember 2012 and deliver the work on budget.
- Applicants should submit a proposal for a solo work on no more than two A4 sheets of paper. The proposal should include a project proposal, costings and timescale for developing the work. The proposal should be accompanied by supporting imagery, a resume/CV and examples of previous work.
- All work must be submitted by email only to email@example.com before midnight 20th April 2012. Please ensure that the total size of the application when submitted does not exceed 3MB.
- Siamsa Tíre will offer the successful applicant a grant award of €2,500 to produce a solo exhibition. The award will cover all the necessary costs of producing an exhibition but will exclude installation, invitation, reception, invigilation, catalogue, gallery maintenance and preparation as these will be provided by Siamsa Tíre.
- In accepting the award, the winning artist agrees to commit to producing an exhibition opening on Friday 24th August. The award will be paid in three instalments.
- The artist, in accepting the award agrees to be available for the exhibition opening, artist’s talks throughout the life of the exhibition from time to time and also exclusivity a week before opening for installation.
- Applications will not be considered if they do not fulfil the criteria set out above or if submitted after the published deadline.
- Previous winning artists may not apply
The Emerging Artist Initiative Award for 2011 was awarded to Michelle O'Shea.